Ostomy News and Events
Stomico Medical Equipment Receives 2009 Phoenix Award
Stomico Medical Equipment has been selected for the 2009 Phoenix Award in the Colostomy Appliances category by the U.S. Commerce Association (USCA).
The USCA "Best of Local Business" Award Program recognizes outstanding local businesses throughout the country. Each year, the USCA identifies companies that they believe have achieved exceptional marketing success in their local community and business category. These are local companies that enhance the positive image of small business through service to their customers and community.
- The United Ostomy Associations of America or, “UOAA”, is a national network for bowel and urinary diversion support groups in America that has been organized to fill the void left by the dissolution of UOA.
- UOAA is now a member of the International Ostomy Association
- UOAA website: www.uoaa.org
- UOAA is an association of affiliated, nonprofit, support groups who are committed to the improvement of the quality of life of people who have, or will have, an intestinal or urinary diversion.
- It is dedicated to the provision of information, advocacy and service to, and for, its affiliated support groups, their members and the intestinal/urinary diversion community at large.
- It is organized to grow and develop while remaining independent and financially viable.
Membership in UOAA is open to any former UOA chapter or other nonprofit support group that chooses to affiliate with it.
What is UOAA’s Official Address?
- The official mailing address is P.O. Box 66, Fairview, TN 37062.